Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Academia is killing me.




Hello!
I have had so much to do for my courses over at Lesley which has not been fun, AT ALL. I don't exactly get off on Essentials of Health and Cultural Anthropology. Due to those two classes I have been drawn away from making work for myself or for studio. It's so weird how just having two academic courses distracts me from making work, even when it's two of the easiest courses. Academia is a bitch at times and I cannot wait to be done. Mixed Media is the route I have been going as of late. New favorite tool for paint, the brayer. Seriously anyone into mixed media should take 10 dollars and by one. Also, buy a crap load of cheap acrylic or tempura and go nuts. Throw in magazine scraps, newspaper, candy wrappers, cardboard, whatever. It is the most fun I have had with my work in a long time. Pretty much I have been using a brayer for my backgrounds and doodling over then in my sketchbook. It's been a lot of fun to just let loose. Anyhoo, here are 2 recent doodles from my sketchbook. Enjoy!
EDIT: Added another doodle for ya'll. Just a plain simple one I did in Art Since 1945 last week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment