Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stuff.







Hey there! So I've been continuing with the mixed media process that I have been on as of late. Mainly working the backgrounds first before placing the image. This has resulted in me collecting almost EVERYTHING around me. It's become a lot more beneficial for me as it helps me notice things I never did before. I've also been getting into weird patterns as of late. This may be due to my Natural History Drawing class. A lot of the plants and stuff we've been using as subject matter I in turn have been using in my personal work as well. I really love the interesting structures that can be found when you look at say a mushroom or flower of some sorts. Particularly with my style they come out as weird abstracted objects that can be used as a pattern. Most of the work is fairly small, no bigger than 8x10. Inks, acrylic, gouache, watercolor, ephemera, and other assorted whatnot add to the process.

1 comment: